Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon November 7, 2005
Vermont Considering Court Challenge to Stop I-P Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – International Paper has applied for permission to conduct a test burn of up to 72 tons of tire-derived fuel during a two-week test at its paper mill in Ticonderoga, New York. The paper company hopes to burn the shredded tires to generate electricity to cut down on its oil bills for the plant. This weekend, officials in Vermont said they are considering a lawsuit to stop International Paper Company from conducting the test burn.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.