Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Mon November 7, 2005
Vermont Considering Court Challenge to Stop I-P Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – International Paper has applied for permission to conduct a test burn of up to 72 tons of tire-derived fuel during a two-week test at its paper mill in Ticonderoga, New York. The paper company hopes to burn the shredded tires to generate electricity to cut down on its oil bills for the plant. This weekend, officials in Vermont said they are considering a lawsuit to stop International Paper Company from conducting the test burn.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.