Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed November 28, 2012
Vermont Cop Says Man in NM Prison Has Wild Story History
The Vermont State Police's top criminal investigator says the man in a New Mexico prison for killing a Vermont girl in 2000 has a history of making wild claims as part of a long-running goal of being incarcerated in the federal prison system.
Major Ed Ledo is the investigator who arrested Dana Martin in 2000 on charges Martin had killed a 15-year-old girl in Barre.
Ledo says he doesn't know what allegedly motivated Martin to send two New Mexico men to kill two Vermonters by strangling them with neck ties and then mutilating their bodies.
The scheme was derailed when the two men got lost and ended up at a U.S. border post with Canada.
Ledo says the two New Mexico men appeared ready to carry out the killings.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
North Country News