Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Tue November 27, 2012
Vermont Cops Say Both NM Men in Murder-for-Hire Plot
Vermont State Police investigators say two New Mexico men traveled to Vermont as part of a conspiracy to murder two people in the state, but only one of those two has been charged as part of the conspiracy.
Twenty-three-year-old Tanner Ruane is being held in New York state on conspiracy to commit murder charges issued in New Mexico.
The second man, 41-year-old Mark Staake, is being held in Vermont as a fugitive from justice on a charge that he violated his probation in his home state.
Police say initial reports the alleged targets of the plot were in the St. Albans were incorrect.
Vermont investigators have been in contact with the alleged intended victims elsewhere in the state.
Police did not say where they are or release their names.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.