Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
North Country News
Sat April 13, 2013
Vermont Court Custodian Brings Gun to Work
Police in Burlington, Vermont say a custodian is being charged with bringing a gun to work at a courthouse.
Burlington police say Sean McCarty of Monkton told them that he had brought the gun with him every day for eight months.
The gun was found in McCarty's locker at the Vermont Superior Court in Chittenden County on Friday.
McCarty is facing a misdemeanor charge of carrying a gun into a courthouse. Police say he does not have a criminal record.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.