Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Sat April 13, 2013
Vermont Court Custodian Brings Gun to Work
Police in Burlington, Vermont say a custodian is being charged with bringing a gun to work at a courthouse.
Burlington police say Sean McCarty of Monkton told them that he had brought the gun with him every day for eight months.
The gun was found in McCarty's locker at the Vermont Superior Court in Chittenden County on Friday.
McCarty is facing a misdemeanor charge of carrying a gun into a courthouse. Police say he does not have a criminal record.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.