Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Sat April 13, 2013
Vermont Court Custodian Brings Gun to Work
Police in Burlington, Vermont say a custodian is being charged with bringing a gun to work at a courthouse.
Burlington police say Sean McCarty of Monkton told them that he had brought the gun with him every day for eight months.
The gun was found in McCarty's locker at the Vermont Superior Court in Chittenden County on Friday.
McCarty is facing a misdemeanor charge of carrying a gun into a courthouse. Police say he does not have a criminal record.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.