Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed October 24, 2012
Vermont Credit Union Records Sent to Landfill
The Vermont State Employees Credit Union says unencrypted computer tapes containing personal data and transaction records of about 85,000 members were inadvertently thrown into a landfill.
Credit union CEO Steven Post says there's no evidence any of the information has fallen into the wrong hands.
Post says it appears data tapes were buried in a landfill and cannot be retrieved.
The credit union is working with regulators and law enforcement.
Vermont Public Radio reports the credit union has offered its members a year's free service for credit monitoring and data protection.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.