Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Mon May 14, 2012
Vermont Deer Hearings to be Held This Week
The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department will hold two public hearings this month on deer management.
The topics will include the 2011 hunting results and recommendations for an antlerless permitting and youth season this year.
Last year, hunters took 12,132 deer during the archery, youth, rifle, and muzzleloader seasons in Vermont. Those totals will be discussed in detail at the hearings.
The first hearing will be held on Monday at the St. Albans Town Educational Center. The other will take place on Tuesday in Springfield at the Riverside Junior High School cafeteria.
Both hearings will run from 7-8:30 p.m.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.