Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Thu November 30, 2006
Vermont Emergency Dairy Aid Money to be Fully Distributed by Year End
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – This past summer, the state of Vermont created an eight-point-six million dollar emergency fund to help dairy farmers. But milk prices to the farmer rose, so the distribution formula was changed and the funds were expected to last until sometime in 2007. Vermont officials have now announced the remaining emergency funds will be paid to dairy farmers by the end of December. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.