Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri June 18, 2004
Vermont Episcopalians Bless Civil Unions
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Episcopal dioceses across the nation are debating same-sex unions, whether by civil unions or gay marriage. Some sanction such relationships, while others are still debating the issue. Vermont's Episcopal Diocese is the first in the country to develop a religious service for same sex unions, and it's the first to create a service in a jurisdiction that legally recognizes same-sex unions. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.