Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed August 25, 2004
Vermont Gets Low Grades on Mercury Reduction Efforts
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Several environmental groups have released a regional report card on efforts to reduce in-state sources of mercury. Once a leader in mercury reduction efforts, Vermont now receives some of the worst grades in the region. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.