Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed December 12, 2012
Vermont Governor in Florida to Hear F-35 Noise
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin was in Florida Wednesday to get a firsthand opinion about how loud the F-35 fighter jet is compared to an F-16.
The Burlington Free Press reports that the governor flew to Eglin Air Force Base in Florida Wednesday with the mayors of Burlington and Winooski so they could listen to the two types of aircraft.
The Air Force is considering basing F-35s at the Vermont Air National Guard base at the Burlington International Airport. Some area residents are worried about the noise from the planes.
The Vermont air base already houses F-16s, and Shumlin says he wants to learn how much of a change the newer plane would be.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.