Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Thu December 6, 2012
Vermont Governor To Forego Inaugural Ball for Irene Fundraiser
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin says he's not going to host a traditional inaugural ball next month after he's sworn in to his second term in office.
Instead he's going to host a free-to-the-public open house at the Montpelier Statehouse that will also serve as a fundraiser for ongoing efforts to help victims of last year's Tropical Storm Irene.
The Jan. 10 event in the House chamber will feature music and light refreshments.
The funds will be donated to the Vermont Disaster Relief Fund, the private group that has become a source of last-resort funds for people still struggling after Irene who have no other sources of help.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.