Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Thu December 6, 2012
Vermont Governor To Forego Inaugural Ball for Irene Fundraiser
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin says he's not going to host a traditional inaugural ball next month after he's sworn in to his second term in office.
Instead he's going to host a free-to-the-public open house at the Montpelier Statehouse that will also serve as a fundraiser for ongoing efforts to help victims of last year's Tropical Storm Irene.
The Jan. 10 event in the House chamber will feature music and light refreshments.
The funds will be donated to the Vermont Disaster Relief Fund, the private group that has become a source of last-resort funds for people still struggling after Irene who have no other sources of help.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.