Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Tue August 14, 2012
Vermont Governor to Visit 22 Towns to Mark Irene Recovery
Governor Peter Shumlin plans over four days to visit 22 Vermont communities impacted by Tropical Storm Irene to mark the anniversary of the storm.
Shumlin on Tuesday announced events that will be held to celebrate Vermont's recovery from the flooding on Aug. 28, 2011, and to acknowledge that more work needs to be done.
A free statewide event will be held on Aug. 28 at 7 p.m. at the Chandler Center for the Arts in Randolph, with music, storm videos, artwork and photography.
Shumlin also is asking churches and town halls to participate in a statewide bell ringing for 30 seconds, starting at 7 p.m. on Aug. 28.
For a list of other events and information on the recovery, visit www.vtstrong.vermont.gov.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.