Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Wed November 29, 2006
Vermont Groups Among Those Appealing NCLB Lawsuit
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The National Education Association teachers' union, and school districts in Vermont, Michigan and Texas last year sued the federal government over the No Child Left Behind law, President Bush's education policy initiative. Dismissed a year ago, the plaintiffs have decided to appeal the lawsuit challenging the federal education law. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.