Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Wed November 29, 2006
Vermont Groups Among Those Appealing NCLB Lawsuit
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The National Education Association teachers' union, and school districts in Vermont, Michigan and Texas last year sued the federal government over the No Child Left Behind law, President Bush's education policy initiative. Dismissed a year ago, the plaintiffs have decided to appeal the lawsuit challenging the federal education law. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.