Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue June 15, 2004
Vermont has High Percentage of Highly Qualified Teachers
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Almost all of Vermont teachers have met a federal education standard that requires them to demonstrate sufficient knowledge in the subjects they teach. Vermont education officials say the high percentage of teachers in the state meeting the No Child Left Behind mandates isn't surprising. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.