Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
North Country News
Wed March 27, 2013
Vermont Health Board Chair Stepping Down
A top leader in Vermont's push to move toward a single-payer health care system is stepping down.
Green Mountain Care Board Chairwoman Anya Rader Wallack says she'll leave that position at the end of September.
Shumlin says he'll replace her with another board member, Al Gobeille moving over to serve as chair.
Rader Wallack says she's leaving because she's found it difficult to work in Vermont and commute to her family's home in Rhode Island. She says she had hoped to move her family to Vermont, but that hasn't worked out.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.