Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Wed January 2, 2013
Vermont Hospital Corporation Joins Forces with 2 NY Hospitals
The corporate parents of two New York hospitals and two from Vermont are joining forces as part of a deal that officials say will improve health care services for patients at all four hospitals.
The hospitals announced Wednesday that the corporate parents of The Champlain Valley Physicians Hospital in Plattsburgh and the Elizabethtown Community Hospital have joined Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington and the Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin.
Elizabethtown CEO Rod Boula says the affiliation will allow for improved continuity of patient care throughout the region, enabling the facilities to provide what he calls "seamless and coordinated care by improving access to specialists and information."
The affiliation took effect Tuesday. Final approval by the New York Supreme Court is expected in about six weeks.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
New York News