Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu December 13, 2012
Vermont Hospital Parent Company Sees Improvements
The new parent company of Fletcher Allen Health Care and Central Vermont Medical Center says it has improved the quality of its care and saved about $1.1 million in its first year.
The company says the savings come from coordination of supply chain purchasing, human resources programs and other initiatives.
Other accomplishments include improving quality of care systems through the adoption of shared best practice guidelines and training in areas from intensive care to infection prevention to stroke; and sharing human resources knowledge and assets to reduce costs for management training and other employee activities.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.