Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Thu June 29, 2006
Vermont House Speaker Wants Special Session to Deal with Campaign Finance Confusion
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont's Speaker of the House is asking Governor James Douglas to call a special session of the Legislature to deal with this week's U-S Supreme Court decision that gutted Vermont's campaign finance law. Speaker Gaye Symington is worried that the court's order may leave Vermont in a no-man's land regarding campaign contributions. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.