Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Fri April 28, 2006
Vermont To Implement Fire-Safe Cigarette Law
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – On Monday, Vermont becomes the second state in the nation to mandate that cigarettes sold within its borders be self-extinguishing. Vermont is following New York's lead in requiring such fire-safe cigarettes. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.