Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Tue December 4, 2012
Vermont Lake Champlain Cruise Boat Moved to Memphremagog
A Lake Champlain cruise boat is getting a new home on another Vermont lake.
The boat Northern Star was taken out of the water Monday in Burlington and moved by truck to Newport on Tuesday where it is waiting to move into its new home, Lake Memphremagog.
Owner-Captain Chris Johansen formerly captained the Newport Princess, a small tour boat on Lake Memphremagog.
The Caledonian Record reports Johansen worked for other tour lines on Lake Champlain before deciding to bring a large charter cruise boat to Newport.
The vessel was partially disassembled before being moved early Tuesday. Johansen got a special permit from the state to move the 88,000-pound main deck and hull.
The boat's top decks were removed during shipping. It will be reassembled once it's back in the water.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.