Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Thu March 21, 2013
Vermont Land Trust to Buy 1,100 Acres in Bolton
The Vermont Land Trust says it has raised the $1.85 million it needs to buy 1,100 acres of the land in Bolton that will be added to the Mount Mansfield State Forest.
During its 15-month campaign to raise the money for the purchase, the trust received more than 1,200 donations, from $1 raffle tickets, three anonymous $100,000 contributions and an $800,000 grant from the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board.
Land Trust President Gil Livingston says the Bolton land, its trails, remote forest and wildlife captured the imagination of people from all walks of life.
Once the deal is complete, the state will license the Bolton Valley Resort to continue managing the trail system.
The land includes trails in the Bolton Valley Nordic and Backcountry system.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.