Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Wed May 10, 2006
Vermont Legislature Passes Compromise Health Reform Package
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Late Tuesday night, the Vermont House passed a health reform initiative by an 88-to-54 vote. The vote came hours after a compromise was reached between legislative leaders and Governor Jim Douglas. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.