Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
North Country News
Wed January 9, 2013
Vermont Man Accused of Crushing Cruisers Incompetent
A Vermont man charged with driving a tractor over seven police vehicles and crushing them has been found incompetent to stand trial.
Roger Pion, of Newport, had already been involuntarily committed to the custody of the state commissioner of mental health.
The 34-year-old Pion had faced multiple criminal counts after police say he drove his dad's tractor over six cruisers and a van at the county sheriff's department in Derby in August, causing about $300,000 in damage.
Police say he was angry over a previous arrest for marijuana possession. Pion pleaded not guilty.
The Caledonian-Record reports that a judge agreed to a hearing to determine how and where Pion will receive treatment. Prosecutors asked for another evaluation in 90 days.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.