Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
North Country News
Fri December 28, 2012
Vermont Man Booted From Drug Rehab and Jailed
A Hinesburg man released to a drug rehabilitation program after being charged with operating a methamphetamine lab is back behind bars after being kicked out of the rehab program.
Citing court records, The Burlington Free Press reports that 19-year-old Jacob Berino was arrested after being dismissed from the Valley Vista Rehab Center in Bradford for non-participation.
A federal magistrate has ruled Berino should be held until his criminal case is resolved, but said he would reconsider if an intensive treatment program is found.
Officials say Berino has been charged with eight crimes since July, most of them tied to what his mother calls a "horrible drug problem."
Berino was seriously burned in October during an explosion in October at what authorities called a secret drug lab.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.