Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Mon November 5, 2012
Vermont Man Charged With Embezzling Copper Wire
Vermont police say a Swanton, Vermont man has been charged with embezzling large quantities of copper wire from a cable company where he worked as a supervisor and selling it to a scrap metal dealer in New York.
Colchester Police say 44-year-old Stephen Davis is accused of stealing more than 14,000 pounds of wire from Champlain Cable Corporation in Colchester and selling it for more than $46,700.
Police say Davis also is facing a charge of income tax fraud for failing to report the income.
Davis was arrested on Monday. Police say the investigation is continuing and more arrests are possible.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.