Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
North Country News
Tue December 18, 2012
Vermont Man Sentenced over Handgun
A Vermont man has been sentenced to over four years in prison for being a felon in possession of a handgun.
The U.S. Attorney's office says 52-year-old Neal Moser of Burlington, who was sentenced in federal court Monday, kept a handgun at his apartment. Another man used it to shoot someone during an altercation about drug sales.
Moser was indicted by a federal grand jury in April. He pleaded guilty in August.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.