Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Tue January 29, 2013
Vermont Manufacturing Report Issued
The Shumlin Administration has released a report highlighting the importance of manufacturing in Vermont.
Vermont’s Governor and Commerce Secretary unveiled the report Monday that highlights the positive attributes manufacturing has on the state.
Citing a trend towards high tech and innovative companies, Vermont officials found that most have less than 10 employees and employ 10-and a quarter percent of the state workforce. The manufacturing sector in Vermont is 11 percent of the state’s gross domestic product.
The report includes recommendations to improve the workforce by enhancing math skills in schools and to educate the public about the types of manufacturing that is occurring in the state.