Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
North Country News
Wed April 24, 2013
Vermont Mulls Direct Shipment of Craft Brews
In Vermont — a hotbed of craft beer brewing — lawmakers are considering a bill that would allow brewers to ship their beer to customers, like wineries can, to expand their markets.
Artisan craft brewers, like Hill Farmstead in Greensboro, which was rated on a consumer website the world's top brewer for 2013, also say allowing them to ship beer to consumers would cut down on people selling beer online and marking up the price.
But a retailer and a distributors association testified before a House committee Thursday that they are concerned about beer — some with high alcohol content— being shipped to underage consumers. They also say if Vermont allows the instate shipment of beer it would have to allow out-of-state breweries to ship beer to Vermont customers.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.