Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
North Country News
Wed May 30, 2012
Vermont National Guard Chief to Talk of New Job
Vermont National Guard Adjutant General Michael Dubie is getting ready to take a new job. WAMC’s North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports…
Last week the U.S. Senate confirmed Dubie's promotion to the rank of lieutenant general and his naming as deputy commander of the United States Northern Command.
The Northern Command was created following the 9/11 attacks to protect U.S. territory and provide military support for civil authorities in the event of a national emergency.
The new job means Dubie will leave the National Guard post he's held since 2006.
I’m Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.