Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
Fri August 3, 2012
Vermont National Guard Has New Commander
The Vermont National Guard has a new commander.
Brigadier General Thomas Drew took command of the Vermont Air and Army National Guard in a ceremony Friday morning at the Guard's Green Mountain Armory in Colchester.
Drew, who lives in Florence in Rutland County, took over as state adjutant general from Major General Michael Dubie, who is moving to Colorado to take the No. 2 post in the U.S. Northern Command, which is responsible for overall homeland defense.
Drew will serve in the post until next winter when the Legislature will elect a permanent replacement.
The ceremony culminated with the passing of the Green Mountain Boy Flag from Dubie to Drew, symbolizing the transition of leadership.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.