Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Fri May 17, 2013
Vermont National Guard Reducing Furlough Days to Eleven
The Vermont National Guard says the number of furlough days for about 500 of its federal technicians is being reduced from 14 to 11.
The Vermont guard's technicians work within the Army and Air National Guard in numerous positions, including administration, maintenance, and operations.
Vermont officials say they are acting on a decision made by U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.
Vermont Deputy Adjutant General Col. Mike Heston says the guard is working to address budget concerns while minimizing impacts on guard members and their families.
The furloughs are due to federal budget cuts.
Capt. Chris Gookin says there's still no word when the furloughs could occur.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
Commentary & Opinion
Hudson Valley News