Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
North Country News
Thu March 21, 2013
Vermont Newspaper to Sell Barre Building
The daily newspaper that serves Vermont's capital of Montpelier and the city of Barre says it has reached an agreement to sell its Barre headquarters.
In a story posted on the website of the Barre-Montpelier Times Argus Wednesday night, Publisher R. John Mitchell says a purchase and sale agreement has been signed with a real estate company owned by Thomas and Karen Lauzon. Thomas Lauzon is the mayor of Barre.
The building was listed at $895,000, but the sale price wasn't disclosed. The sale is contingent on an inspection of the building.
Mitchell says the Times Argus is now looking for a downtown location for its news operation, which won't be affected by the sale.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.