Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Mon April 29, 2013
Vermont Officials Break Ground on New Health Lab
A groundbreaking ceremony was held Monday for a state-of-the-art new laboratory for the Vermont Department of Health.
Vermont Health Commissioner Dr. Harry Chen says the new laboratory under construction in Colchester will be a cornerstone of the state's ability to protect the people of Vermont.
The building is located at the Business and Technology Park, and will be physically connected to UVM’s Colchester research facility
The new laboratory, scheduled to be completed in 2014, is a collaboration of the Health Department and the University of Vermont.
The new lab is designed to bring together the scientific resources of public health and academic research to protect and promote the health of Vermonters.
It will replace the department's current laboratory, one of the oldest public health laboratory facilities in the country.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.