Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Fri September 2, 2005
Vermont Officials Collect Needed Supplies for Hurricane Victims
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont officials are mounting their own Gulf Coast relief effort. Locations have been set up across the state today and Saturday for Vermonters to donate basic supplies that will be trucked to Hurricane Katrina victims. State officials say the supplies they gather can be in the hands of victims before the end of the holiday weekend.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.