Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue August 21, 2012
Vermont Officials, Retailer, Look at Traffic Solution
A major retailer and state and local officials are weighing proposals to fix a traffic-clogged interchange in Colchester, Vermont.
Costco, which has a store at the U.S. 7-Interstate 89 interchange, has offered to add a turning lane, rearrange pavement striping and create other improvements as it seeks approval for gas pumps.
The company said its proposal would serve as a stopgap solution until the state Agency of Transportation comes in with its proposed "double crossover diamond," a complicated highway exchange to lessen traffic.
Officials tell the Burlington Free Press the crossover diamond project would cost about $5 million. State officials hope to start construction in 2014.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.