Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Wed November 21, 2012
Vermont Police Enhancing Seat Belt Enforcement
Vermont State Police will participate in the national Click It or Ticket Campaign during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Vermont’s seat belt usage is estimated to be just over 84-percent.
There have been 70 traffic fatalities this year and state police say about 69-percent of those killed were not wearing a seat belt.
Police agencies across New England are participating in the Click It or Ticket program and Operation Care - Combined Accident Reduction Effort with patrols and checkpoints through the holiday weekend.