Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Wed November 21, 2012
Vermont Police Enhancing Seat Belt Enforcement
Vermont State Police will participate in the national Click It or Ticket Campaign during the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Vermont’s seat belt usage is estimated to be just over 84-percent.
There have been 70 traffic fatalities this year and state police say about 69-percent of those killed were not wearing a seat belt.
Police agencies across New England are participating in the Click It or Ticket program and Operation Care - Combined Accident Reduction Effort with patrols and checkpoints through the holiday weekend.