Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Wed August 15, 2012
Vermont Police Say Burglars Redecorate Town Library
Police in the Vermont town of Barton say burglars didn't steal any books when they broke into the town library, but they rearranged the furniture.
Vermont State Police say the furniture was stacked in the center of the library floor in a pyramid about 20 feet high. Other furniture was stacked on top of bookshelves sometime between Monday night and Tuesday midmorning.
The only thing missing was a date stamp used to check out books.
Police say nothing appeared to have been broken or vandalized and there was no sign of a forced entry.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.