Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
North Country News
Mon December 24, 2012
Vermont Police to Target Drunken Drivers
Vermont police plan to be out in force keep drunken drivers off the roads during the holidays.
Police say they will be conducting checkpoints to stop impaired drivers and to enforce seatbelt, child restraint and other motor vehicle laws.
Highway fatalities are up sharply in Vermont from last year. So far there have been 75 fatalities this year, compared to 51 in 2011.
Checkpoints are planned around Vermont through the new year.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.