Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
North Country News
Mon December 24, 2012
Vermont Police to Target Drunken Drivers
Vermont police plan to be out in force keep drunken drivers off the roads during the holidays.
Police say they will be conducting checkpoints to stop impaired drivers and to enforce seatbelt, child restraint and other motor vehicle laws.
Highway fatalities are up sharply in Vermont from last year. So far there have been 75 fatalities this year, compared to 51 in 2011.
Checkpoints are planned around Vermont through the new year.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.