Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
North Country News
Mon December 24, 2012
Vermont Police to Target Drunken Drivers
Vermont police plan to be out in force keep drunken drivers off the roads during the holidays.
Police say they will be conducting checkpoints to stop impaired drivers and to enforce seatbelt, child restraint and other motor vehicle laws.
Highway fatalities are up sharply in Vermont from last year. So far there have been 75 fatalities this year, compared to 51 in 2011.
Checkpoints are planned around Vermont through the new year.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.