Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Possible Modified Transmission Line Proposals Draw Cautious Praise
WAMC New York News
Mon July 11, 2005
Vermont Progressing Towards Broadband Service Goal
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – The state of Vermont hopes to get high-speed internet service into one-hundred percent of the state by 2010. While many people and businesses in the state already have the service, the areas that remain are smaller, rural sectors where installation is costly and technically difficult.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.