Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Fri September 14, 2012
Vermont Progressive Primary Recount Unresolved
It appears that official results in the recount in Vermont's Progressive Party gubernatorial primary won't be known until sometime in the coming week.
Washington County Clerk Elizabeth Batty, who has been collecting results from her counterpart county clerks around Vermont, said Friday the results won't be made public until they are certified by Judge Robert Bent, who is overseeing the recount.
Write-in candidate Annette Smith asked for the recount after losing in earlier counting to Progressive Party Chairwoman Martha Abbott by one vote. The party decided earlier this year not to run a candidate for governor, so Abbott withdrew after her apparent victory.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.