Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Mon July 1, 2013
Vermont Promoting Highway Safety With New Strategy
Vermont transportation and public safety officials say they have a plan to keep people safe on the state's roadways.
On Monday, they announced that the Vermont Highway Safety Alliance will work to implement a system that takes advantage of education, enforcement, engineering and emergency services.
State officials also marked the launch of "Operation Safe Summer."
The alliance will focus on reducing major crashes.
In addition to government, the alliance also brings together the public health community, the insurance industry and advocacy groups.
Some of the things that will be emphasized include a continued push to reduce impaired driving, but also increase seat belt use and remind all drivers of the dangers of distracted driving, such as texting or talking on a cellphone.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.