Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon July 30, 2012
Vermont Protesters Clash With Police
Protests kicked off Sunday ahead of the 36th annual meeting of eastern Canadian premiers and New England governors, even before the official talks got underway.
A spokeswoman for several protest groups involved in Sunday's demonstrations says police in riot gear used rubber and pepper bullets against protesters blocking buses trying to leave a Burlington hotel that is the sight of the conference.
She says the protesters were standing in front of the slow moving buses, thought to be carrying conference participants when police used the rubber and pepper bullets. There was no immediate word of injuries or arrests
The conference officially opens today.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press