Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Mon July 30, 2012
Vermont Protesters Clash With Police
Protests kicked off Sunday ahead of the 36th annual meeting of eastern Canadian premiers and New England governors, even before the official talks got underway.
A spokeswoman for several protest groups involved in Sunday's demonstrations says police in riot gear used rubber and pepper bullets against protesters blocking buses trying to leave a Burlington hotel that is the sight of the conference.
She says the protesters were standing in front of the slow moving buses, thought to be carrying conference participants when police used the rubber and pepper bullets. There was no immediate word of injuries or arrests
The conference officially opens today.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press