Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed November 14, 2012
Vermont Psychiatric Hospital to Eliminate Jobs
The Brattleboro Retreat psychiatric hospital is laying off workers.
Retreat officials say 31 positions will be cut due to projected deficits this year and next year.
Retreat Senior Vice President of Government Relations Peter Albert said Wednesday that the cuts will be to both administrative and clinical jobs and affect both nonunion and union positions.
Unionized workers held an informational picket on Monday over what the union calls deteriorating contract talks.
Jack Callaci, director of collective bargaining and organizing for United Nurses & Allied Professionals, tells the Brattleboro Reformer layoffs highlight mismanagement among the hospital's administration.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.