Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon October 31, 2005
Vermont Schedules its Own Hearing on NYS Draft Permit for Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – New York State has issued a draft permit for a test burn of tire-derived fuel at the International Paper mill in Ticonderoga, New York. A public hearing is scheduled in early November in Ticonderoga regarding the permit. While the permitting process is New York State's jurisdiction, the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources is planning its own public hearing on the draft permit that was issued by the Empire State. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.