Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
Thu September 20, 2012
Vermont School Deals with Rat Infestation
The Vermont Health Department will be checking in monthly with an elementary school dealing with a rat infestation.
WPTZ-TV reports that a state health inspector visited Sudbury Country School on Wednesday. State sanitation chief Al Burns says the inspector found rat droppings in the school's boiler room and other evidence of an infestation.
He said the situation is under control and students are safe. The school has brought in an exterminator, put out bait boxes along the building's exterior and put all food in containers.
The exterminator will visit the school twice a week until the problem is completely solved.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.