Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Mon January 13, 2014
Vermont Settles With Maker Of Mislabeled VerMints
Vermont has reached a settlement with VerMints, a company that mislabeled its tins of mints as Vermont products.
The state attorney general's office sued the Braintree, Mass.-based company in 2012, saying its metal tins were labeled as "Vermont's All Natural Mints." But the Vermont attorney general's office said they were manufactured in Canada from mostly non-Vermont ingredients, thus violating consumer protection laws.
As part of the settlement announced Monday, VerMints has agreed to donate $35,000 to the Vermont Foodbank, pay the state $30,000 and add corrective labeling to its products.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.