Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu July 25, 2013
Vermont Sex Offender Heading Out of State
Vermont prison officials say they have a new plan for a high-risk sex offender due to be released from prison: He's moving out of state, but they won't say where.
Dale Crook, the state Corrections Department's director of field supervision, says 53-year-old Timothy Szad is moving out of Vermont after his release Friday. Crook says the department is notifying local police in the place where Szad is going but isn't releasing the information publicly.
Szad had been expected to live with family in Springfield, VT but that plan was changed after a public outcry that prompted the family to withdraw its offer of housing for him.
Szad was convicted in 2001 in a sexual assault against a 13-year-old boy.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.