Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Sun March 24, 2013
Vermont Ski Area Says Workers Can't Work at Competitor
Vermont's Mount Snow ski resort is telling its employees that as of next month they won't be able to also work at a competing resort.
In a memo to its employees, Mount Snow Director of Human Resources Thorin Magbie said the new policy is a change, so workers who are also working or volunteering at the Haystack resort after April 21 may not be rehired or accepted as a volunteer at Mount Snow or its affiliated resorts.
The Brattleboro Reformer quotes the memo as saying working at both businesses creates a conflict of interest.
Club President Jim Barnes says he doesn't know why Mount Snow would create a policy that affects the livelihood of people in the Deerfield Valley.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.