Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
North Country News
Sun March 24, 2013
Vermont Ski Area Says Workers Can't Work at Competitor
Vermont's Mount Snow ski resort is telling its employees that as of next month they won't be able to also work at a competing resort.
In a memo to its employees, Mount Snow Director of Human Resources Thorin Magbie said the new policy is a change, so workers who are also working or volunteering at the Haystack resort after April 21 may not be rehired or accepted as a volunteer at Mount Snow or its affiliated resorts.
The Brattleboro Reformer quotes the memo as saying working at both businesses creates a conflict of interest.
Club President Jim Barnes says he doesn't know why Mount Snow would create a policy that affects the livelihood of people in the Deerfield Valley.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.