Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Thu December 27, 2012
For Vermont Ski Areas, Snow Is Well-Timed
Vermont's winter resorts are celebrating what's shaping up to be a terrific holiday week, thanks mainly to the weather
Jay Peak President Bill Stenger says his northern Vermont resort was already in good shape, with more than a foot of natural snow in recent days and excellent weather recently for making snow. With a big new storm hitting the state, Stenger says that's making for superb conditions as the New Year's weekend approaches.
Many Vermont resorts are reporting that most or all of their skiing and riding trails are open.
The snow is also expected to be a boon to cross-country ski areas, after a tough winter last year.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.