Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu March 24, 2005
Vermont State Agency Planning Meetings to Discuss IP Tire Burn
By Pat Bradley
Waterbury, VT – The Vermont Agency of Natural Resources is planning to hold informational meetings on International Paper's plans to conduct a test burn of tire-derived fuel at its Ticonderoga, New York mill. Both International Paper officials and opponents of its plan say they're pleased that Vermont officials will hold the public sessions. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more..